The first step to consider when intending tostart your Romanian Shipping Company would the registration of your company with the local Trade Register. This is done exactly through the method required for any other Romanian Limited Companies, respectively:
2) Drafting the necessary documents such as affidavits, specimen signatures, Articles of Association and any other required documents;
3) Sending the documents to be notarized abroad or within Romania;
4) Translating the original documents received from the client;
5) Filing with the Romanian Trade Register;
6) Obtaining the Certificate of Registration in approx. 5 working days.
Your shipping company shall have one or more of the following specific NACE Codes: 5010 – Sea and coastal passenger water transpor, 5020 – Sea and coastal freight water transport, 5030 – Inland passenger water transport, 5040 – Inland freight water transport.
After the registration of the company at the Trade Register is completed then you must obtain an authorization for naval transport, as per Order no. 37/2014. This authorization is valid for 5 years and shall be issued in 30 days from the point when you file the request with the Ministry of Transport through the Romanian Naval Authority. The authorization must be renewed every years in order for it to continue to be valid.
There are several categories of economic operators which are excepted from the obligation to obtain an authorization: the ships which are registered in a Member State of the Europeean Union, the ships which are in tranzit through Romanian waters without actually docking in a Romanian port, the ships which realise passenger transportation for touristic purposes, etc.
E&C would be able to provide legal assistance through the entire procedure. Contact us now!